- Wrap a towel around a pull-bar bar and hold on to the towel with your right arm.
- Grab the bar with your left hand in a supinated grip.
- Lift yourself up by focusing primarily on your left arm,your right hand serves for assistance only.
- Lower yourself slowly to almost full extension of the biceps, then repeat for reps.
- Complete all the reps with one arm before moving to the second arm,due to the intensity of the exercise you may need to rest 30-45seconds between arms.
Variations OF the assisted chin ups EXERCISE
Assisting the chin up by holding your wrist
If you don’t have a towel, you can assist by grabbing the wrist of your “lifting” arm with your other arm.
Using a pronated grip
This video shows a pronated grip also called an overhand grip as opposed to a supinated grip (undergrip) in which the palms of your hand are facing you.The pronated grip works more your of your back and forearms and slightly less of your biceps.